Grant Partners include Lake Erie Shores and Islands (LESI), City of Sandusky, Erie County Chamber of Commerce (ECCOC), Erie County Economic Development Corporation (ECEDC) & Regional Incubator for Sustainability & Entrepreneurship (RISE) and Tandem Media/Register who are committed to supporting award recipients through promotion and ongoing business development support. Upon award, recipients will meet with the Grant Partners to develop a customized package which would provide the following:
Promotion & Media:
· Article in the Sandusky Register to promote the new business
· 50% discount on advertising in the Sandusky Register print or online for one year
· Cooperative promotion in the LESI Visitor Guide; annual circulation of 350,000
· Free newsletter features from ECEDC & ECCOC
· Free digital spotlights on website and/or social media channels of all organizations
· Inclusion in the LESI "What's New" media release
· Inclusion in the LESI consumer e-newsletter (95,000+ subscribers)
· Free introductions to local and regional media outlets and influencers
· Welcome package from LESI
Business Development Support:
· Economic development programs.
· RISE: Economic/demographic research, mentor connections, networking events and educational seminars*. Grant award winners can advise Grant Partners on relevant educational topics for upcoming programming at RISEing Entrepreneurs, Compass Learning & ECCOC (currently offered monthly through the various organizations). *Educational seminars may have a modest fee but will be offered to award winners at a free, reduced or member rate.
· LESI: 1-1 meeting learning about your business and learning what LESI can do to help maximize reach and potential
· Free 1 year membership to the Erie County Chamber of Commerce, including all associated benefits.
About ECEDC & RISE:
The mission of the Erie County Economic Development Corporation is to coordinate our region’s approach to economic development and foster a growth-friendly environment. ECEDC connects individuals and businesses with resources and strategies to Start, Stay and Grow in Erie County. Start-ups and small businesses are assisted through the RISE (Regional Incubator for Sustainability & Entrepreneurship) program, a partnership with BGSU Firelands & the Great Lakes Development Enterprise (GLIDE). www.eriecountyedc.org
The mission of Lake Erie Shores & Islands is to drive sustainable growth of the region’s Tourism Economy as a strategy to create jobs, non-resident tax revenues and an enhanced quality of life. LESI is the official destination marketing organization for Erie and Ottawa Counties in Ohio, together known as Ohio’s Lake Erie Shores & Islands. www.shoresandislands.com
The mission of the Erie County Chamber of Commerce is to support the success of its members and lead in economic development in collaboration with the communities they serve. The chamber speaks as a collective voice of its 600 members on issues that impact business, the economic and the community at large. www.eriecountychamber.com
Article about your business; 1/2 price ads in paper or online for first year in business; Portion of full page ad for Marketplace; Marketing seminar/workshop in conjunction with ECCC.